Makes 8-12 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 (1-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) container Gordo’s Mild Cheese Dip
- 12 (1-ounce) bags Fritos, or chips of choice, as needed
- Toppings of choice, such as: Shredded Lettuce, Pico De Gallo, Guacamole, Salsa, Green Onion, Cilantro, Lime Wedges, additional Gordo’s Cheese Dip, Sour cream, etc
HOW TO PREPARE:
Cook beef a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 14 minutes, breaking up large pieces and stirring occasionally. Add onion and taco seasoning, cook until softened and translucent, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess fat from the pan.
Place cooked meat and queso into a slow cooker on high heat. Cook on high for 30 minutes and then turn to low to serve. Serve by opening small bag of chips, adding the cheesy meat from the slow cooker, and top with your toppings of choice.