- 1 lb of chorizo
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup of frozen and thawed corn kernels
- 2 ½ cups of crumbled up cornbread
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- Gordo’s Mild Cheese Dip
HOW TO PREPARE:
In a large skillet, start browning the chorizo on medium high heat. After about 5 minutes, add the carrot, onion, celery, jalapeno, garlic, and corn. Sautee the chorizo and veggies for an additional 10 minutes. Drain excess liquid from the skillet before adding in the cornbread. Incorporate chicken stock into the mixture, but make sure it doesn’t get too soggy. It isn’t necessary to use all of the chicken stock. Put the mixture into a greased casserole dish, bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until the top is lightly browned. Drizzle Gordo’s queso over the top before serving.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.