HOW TO GRILL THE PERFECT BURGER
Friday, May 28, 2010
1. Start with a ground beef that’s between 15 and 20% fat. This is not a diet burger – this is a real burger! You will need about 1 1/2 pounds for 4 burgers.
2. Use a gentle touch and do not over-handle your meat. Divide the meat into 4 portions and form each one into a ball. Press down and form patties from 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
3. Let your grill heat for about 15 minutes. Lightly brush the grill with vegetable oil.
4. Season the burgers with salt and pepper just before cooking. Cook 4-6 minutes on each side, turning only one time.
5. Do not press down on burgers, this only squeezes the juice out of them. You want the juice in them.
6. After cooking, let your burgers rest a few minutes. This allows the meat to re-absorb it’s juices.
7. Top your burger with Gordo’s Melt for the ultimate tasting cheeseburger.